We were traveling down the interstate the other day and we passed through a thunderstorm as the sun was setting! Of course knowing me I popped out my camera and change a few settings this is what I got....
It was a great Memorial Day weekend with family! Lots of cookouts with family and water fun! Did I mention tons of great food! I once again forgot my camera card so I bummed one off of Nana and was able to get a few shots of the weekend!
We got back onto the mountain and I really felt refreshed well at least for the moment. One thing I am trying to figure out is what our summer daily routine will look like? There are so many things I want to do while we have the time. Look out here goes my mind in overload.... Isaac wants to earn money for an ipod so I want an effective chore chart, Mary B. wants to take piano and she is, Emma wants friends over and new receipes to cook with, she also needs to learn to swim, Izzy needs to be potty trained (badly), we hope to plan one vacation, I would like to set time for family events and vacations weekly and monthly, we need to set the kids up with a reading schedule, we want to do a summer Bible study with the kids, Bubba wants to teach them tennis, and Isaac wants to start golf! Whew... when the summer starts I have all these thoughts of what it will look like. Sometimes we get all the way to August only some having been accomplished. This morning I am proud of myself though because out of all those ideas we have managed to accomplish one thing in our first couple of weeks! We started a garden!!!!
Now some of you may laugh at this photo because you know I don't have a green thumb on my body! Truly I kill most everything that needs water, but this summer I was certain we would find a way to grow a garden! Growing up my grandfather grew everything, I wouldn't take anything for the memories I had of his fresh veggies! So we are going to give it a go...
It so happened that a friend of my had some extra space in the community garden so we joined in with some other friends on the fun! The kids have loved it! We are growing peppers, tomatoes, squash, hopefully strawberries and maybe some green beans and broccoli!
We actually are sharing a community blog and Mary B. decided she would take pictures this morning and post her first official blog on our new community site! She did a great job and only asked for my help figuring out keys for punctuation! I think this could be a great way to keep her reading, spelling, and learning computer skills! Check it out and look for more to come from our newest author!
a morning in the garden by: Mary B.
It so happened that a friend of my had some extra space in the community garden so we joined in with some other friends on the fun! The kids have loved it! We are growing peppers, tomatoes, squash, hopefully strawberries and maybe some green beans and broccoli!
We actually are sharing a community blog and Mary B. decided she would take pictures this morning and post her first official blog on our new community site! She did a great job and only asked for my help figuring out keys for punctuation! I think this could be a great way to keep her reading, spelling, and learning computer skills! Check it out and look for more to come from our newest author!
a morning in the garden by: Mary B.










No comments:
Post a Comment