Friday, April 15, 2011

Miss Mary B. in her world!

Last weekend was a big weekend for Miss Mary B. Well, is was a crazy weekend period but the highlight of the whole weekend was Mary B.'s big jazz performance.

Before we get there... Let me just explain a little bit of what life is like right now... CRAZY!!!! Since I have started a photography business I have had to learn a lot more about priorities. As you can see one of the my priorities is not keeping up with this blog. It's been a long time since I have shared our life on here. That has always been one of my favorite things to do, but with added responsibilities now something has to be put on the back shelf, boo! With that being said...


Last weekend was all about chaos. I had Easter Mini sessions starting at 9, Mary B. had a jazz recital at 1, Isaac had a game at 2:30 (which Bubba coaches), and thankfully my parents were here to help manage it all! I am just giving you the low down on the process of the day and maintaining each kid and their responsibilites too. Don't get me wrong, I love our life but there are times that I know people see me and wonder if I am crazy! WELL.... I AM!!!

Okay so back to Mary B. I had been doing mini session all morning, and I was racing to finish up my last one before shoving everything into the car to make it to the middle of campus in time to grab a seat with the rest of our family! Of course I am greeted by Izzy at the entrance with a loud cry "mama," I see Bubba decked out in Sewanee  little league baseball attire, he grabs me in the dark of the autitorium only to help me stumble to a row of seats in the back (because that is where all the people with four kids sit in any situation), then to be greeted by little Isaac who is also decked out in Sewanee little league attire. I am sweating from being in the sun all day, I have Izzy climbing all over me and sweet Emma who takes a seat in the chair next to me. I know when Mary B. is coming up and I have a few minutes as I fumble with my camera to erase images of other children from the mini session that weren't any good. The rest of my family eventually comes stumbling in the dark to find our sweet row of seats in the back. I am finally sitting down in the dark, resting for a split second, I look down the row at our sweet little family half of us in baseball attire and half in bows, I am thankful!

About 45 minutes into the performance it's Mary B's turn... I WAS SO PROUD OF HER! We are a family of sports from Bubba's side to mine. Infact, I have been questioned as to why she is not in softball right now. Ha! When she hit that stage it explained it all to me... She just thrived! She was in her limelight. Oh she was so cute!  They were all so cute. She has been waiting for this moment for a good while and I was so happy for her that we were all sitting down for that 1 hour to watch her in her element. 
 

I think being in a large family can be tough sometimes. Although we all love it, it can be chaotic. There is not a ton of one on one time, and the guilt I feel at times when I go to bed can be overwhelming. I know this is overkill, but sitting there watching her dance was such a sweet moment. You know when life just kind of sits still for a moment? Well, it did for us! IT DID FOR HER! 
She is such an amazing little kid. YES I AM BRAGGING on my KID! I know she has her faults and she can be more stubborn than any kid I know. But, when she shines, she SHINES! I was so happy for her to have this moment. It's another realization that moments are passing quickly before me and it's so important to sit still and enjoy them. 
 

I Love you Mary B.!

1 comment:

Warner Family said...

Love it...Love her... LOVE YOU!!



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails