Monday, May 24, 2010

2nd Annual Smith Family Weekend


Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.

You can adjust the settings at the top of the slideshow! Fast or slower speed, pause or play! There are a lot of pictures! Enjoy!

Smith Family Weekend was started last year! We have all decided that it should be an annual event, and with 23 people, (if I counted right) this is quite a task! Do you know how hard it is to bring four families together for 48 hours! Everyone has to drop their schedule and that's exactly what we did...

I decided that this blog would be a good chance to try out a slideshow, considering I probably took over 400 photos and it would take a while to upload them all. I manage to stay in the 30-40 range and give you the highlights of our weekend.

Friday night started with a roast of marshmallows and pizza! We ended the night with 2 tents, 2 adults, and 6 kids sleeping outside! No, I was not one of them! 
The next day we awaited more aunts, uncles, and cousins and headed down to Foster Falls for a hike and swim. It was great! Although it was cold, the kids loved it. Bubba, Josh, and Jacob swam the length of the water hole, as we all sat from the bank and cheered. 

We got back in time to eat a good lunch and relax. We then headed out to Isaac's game where he had all his cousins there to watch the Tigers play ball. He had his own cheering section with posters of his name! He loved it! He ended the game with a double play, and I know the thought of his whole family sitting there watching  made him so proud!

Saturday afternoon when went across the street to the pond and allowed the children to swim and canoe from one end to the other. I must admit that I was slightly panicked by that many children in and out of water. Except for one episode with the canoe *BUBBA* all went well!!!! Yes, they all had life jackets! It was sunny and warm, a sweet moment to look over the pond and see all those kids smiling and laughing! Many memories to be remembered!

Saturday night we cooked out, and we were beat! We celebrated three birthdays... Pappaw, Mattie, and Izzy! They are all a week apart and it was great to celebrate with cake and ice cream to top off the night! We sent kids to bed/tents after a quick game of hide and seek! So now we had 3 tents, 2 adults, 9 kids, (no 10 including Jack), and one barking dog, sorry Lance, sleeping in our front yard! We were all awaken early that morning by the pounding of Billy's footsteps coming up the stairs. We had planned a pancake breakfast, but decided the night before that Hardee's would be much more efficient and productive for a tired and hungry bunch. Pappaw to the rescue!
Lastly, our sweet weekend always ends with a bike ride/ car ride to the cross where we get one more group shot and Pappaw shares a short message with us! It was a great morning!
We had a great weekend, we laughed a lot, we walked a lot, we cheered a lot!!! Whatever we did we did it together. That doesn't happen as much as it use to, and I know although it was a tough weekend to schedule in, we all were so thankful for it. It is so great to be apart of this family. Coming from a family alot like this, I appreciate the way Bubba's parents bring us together. I love the bond we share, the memories we have made, and the legacy that is being left! I love this family, every single one of them! I am so proud to be a Smith and so glad we have a Smith Family Weekend!


No comments:



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails