Of course Izzy and I just observed and kept Emma from killing herself! Izzy enjoyed Isaac chasing her around the courts and getting piggy back rides from Mary B. (what was I thinking)??? Poor Emma she was not about to let me help her too much. If I haven't said before, she likes to do most everything on her own, right or wrong! At times this can leave me somewhat frustrated, but I have had to give into my need to see it done the right way and allow her the opportunity to "put her stamp on something!" So today it was rollerblading, and the poor kid took some hard hits. She finally gave in and let her brothers and sisters help her! NOW this was cute and something I don't get to catch very often! Unless I am making them pose for a picture or something, which never happens :)!
We had a good afternoon of fun and then it was time to come in and get homework done! YUCK! I am telling you what 5-7 is the WORST time of day for us! I am pulling teeth to get kids to sit and work, or I am chasing Izzy around with some marker, or I am shooing Emma and Charlie back out of the house! It literally goes in a cycle till 7, when typically I have finally manage to put some sort of meal together! Did I mention that the laundry sat piled on the dining room table and tonight I was so proud to put it all away at once... that never happens!


Well, we finish memorizing poems, studying for spelling test, looking up Halloween costumes, putting clothes away, and preparing for tomorrow morning! Tonight after reading and kissing kids goodnight I tip toed off only to hear the sounds of sweet voices giggling and whispering! I couldn't help but smile and know that years from now... these kind of normal days will be some of our sweetest memories!





















No comments:
Post a Comment