Thursday, September 17, 2009

Calling all moms.....

Normally if I don't get up before the kids I really mark off the opportunity to sit down and read. Today while Izzy napped I decided to get some coffee and open up one of the best books I have ever read (of course it's a parenting book), but at least I sat down! Right? I got this book from a dear, dear friend who also has four kids! Anyways, if you have any children with a lot of energy and spunk, or maybe just one that requires more maintance (ha!) than others... YOU NEED THIS BOOK!!!! SERIOUSLY READ IT!
Okay done with my sales pitch. I want to know who has read a good parenting book or any book for that matter? I have had a few people, in replies on facebook and email, share with me some great book titles!
I also want to encourage everyone to throw the to do list out the window and take a break! Make some coffee and relax, YOU DESERVE IT!!!!!

7 comments:

Our Side of the Mountain said...

Wow, there are so many. I love The Spirited Child too. I also love Whole Child, Whole Parent and Parenting with Love and Logic. I could go on and on...and I have a wishlist of books about parenting I want to read too! You should start a parenting book club! I'd join!
Take care!
-Brittany

Susan Kimmel said...

Hey girl, it Susan from longtime ago..found your blog thru Austin-Lee's and i am excited to read about your life :) haha will need to add that book to my library to prepare...no kids yet. :) hope you are great!!

Cortney Smith said...

Got a few books from my facebook replies here they are:

Vivian Bellar Penuel
Two of my faves are "The Gift of the Blessing" by Gary Smalley and "Faith Training: Raising Kids Who Love the Lord," by Joe White.

Jessica Richey Moseley
I haven't read many but LOOOVE The Baby Whisperer!
59 minutes ago ·

Laura Bell-Brooks
I've been reading 'Parenting in the Pew' by Robbie Castleman. The church we were attending in St. Louis gave us this book when Lydia was born 9 years ago. I'd read it before and am now reading it closer and putting it into practice. Great book!
Another one that I've enjoyed is 'Shepherding a Child's Heart' by Ted Tripp and I've also heard that 'Instructing a Child's Heart' is really good too.
44 minutes ago

Cortney Smith said...

Jessica Richey Moseley
I agree... we did a combo of Baby Wise and Baby Whisperer and a little common sense and intuition mixed in. Had to "tweak" it for all 3 - but have great things to say about those books. SLEEP is so important and thanks to those books I am able to get my 8 hours that I need to not be a bear. :) Miss ya, C!
about a minute ago · Delete

Bunch of Barrons said...

I NEED THIS BOOK, Cortney! :) Haha...Merrick is a "spirited" child if ever there was one. I am seriously going to look for it tomorrow. I've been wanting another good parenting book to read. *I want to read The Strong Willed Child, By Dr. Dobson, too.* Thanks for writing about this. A good one I read was "Shepherding a Child's Heart". It was a little over the top in some places for me I thought, but the ideas in it were awesome.

Lindsey said...

lovin the creativity! I'm in a parenting class, ya know..feel free to ask me anything..haha ;)

Unknown said...

Cortney, Thanks for the post. I just asked Geoff to order "Raising your Spirited Child". Looking forward to reading it!



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails